TISS Year | Total No. Of Questions | Number of GK questions | Marks per Question | Comments |
2008 | Part I – 50 | Part I – 10 | 1 | No negative marks |
Part II – 75 | Part II – 30 | |||
2007 | Part I – 50 | Part I – 15 | 1 | No negative marks |
Part II – 75 | Part II – 30 | |||
2006 | 120 | 30 | 1 | Differential Marking scheme |
Topic-wise break-up of questions –
Topic | No. of Questions in 2008 | No. of Questions in 2007 | No. of Questions in 2006 |
Awards and prizes | 2 | 2 | 2 |
Famous Personalities | 0 | 0 | 0 |
Arts and Literature | 0 | 1 | 1 |
Business and Economy | 9 | 8 | 9 |
Technology and IT | 3 | 4 | 2 |
Government and Politics | 11 | 19 | 11 |
History | 1 | 1 | 1 |
Geography | 1 | 0 | 0 |
Science | 2 | 4 | 2 |
Sports | 1 | 0 | 2 |
Mythology | 0 | 0 | 0 |
Quotations | 0 | 0 | 0 |
Management Practices* | 10 | 6 | 0 |
Total | 40 | 45 | 30 |
Questions on management practices appear particularly in TISS – HR programme.
Observations:
| The question paper usually consists of two parts. The details of the 2008 test is given below: | |
| Part I was divided into three sections: Quantitative Ability & Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Awareness of Contemporary Social Issues. Part II of the TISS exam was programme specific. The question paper was objective /descriptive on the basis of the programme(s) that the candidate had applied for. | |
| The total number of GK questions in Part I usually remains constant but the number of question in Part II varies every year. |
No comments:
Post a Comment